Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

File not saving level changes

jfrank3

Main problem is when working between a detail and the assembly....I go back to the assembly file and have to turn the levels off again...shouldn't they stay off when I save with them off.

Just started with this Win 7 machine as well as X4.

Can you expand on the ramsaver ?

Thanks Jim

When this problem occurs, are you 'opening' the saved file or 'merging' it in?

If you're merging a file in, and the level is already visible on the current file (the one being merged into) then we will turn it on for the incoming file too.

That way you don't lose visibility on the file that you've already got open.

I also don't quite understand how solid layout would turn all layers on. Perhaps Pip can tell us more.

quote:

Main problem is when working between a detail and the assembly....I go back to the assembly file and have to turn the levels off again...shouldn't they stay off when I save with them off.

Is this happening while using Viewsheet Tabs? This is a known bug that been in Viewsheets since X2 IIRC. When you add new levels (merge / copy GEO) the viewsheets add the new levels (visible) to all tabs. I've complained about this several times. IT SHOULD NOT WORK THAT WAY! Most people use tabs to isolate views and GEO, and DO NOT WANT to add new levels on (visible) automatically to all tabs.

I would imagine solid layout is turning those levels on, since your adding new levels while creating your layouts (at the end of job for setup sheets), which turns visible on in ALL viewsheet tabs..

[ 06-28-2010, 10:54 AM: Message edited by: Verndog ]