Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

DNC Operation Issue

kwolf

Hi,

We have some problems communicating with an old CNC. The CNC is capable of upload and download using RS232 upto 19200bps and LSV2 protocol for DNC. I heard long ago there was a dedicated 386 computer (came with CNC) for it with some special ISA boards installed in it that DNC operations could be performed. But since breaking down the computer (before I came to company) we have not been able to have a dnc operation. So far I've directly uploaded NC files to main memory of CNC controller. I want to know what this LSV-2 protocol is and how to communicate to CNC? Some programs ,like DNC MAX, have LSV2 protocol support . In this case can RS232 handle LSV2(for DNC) or do we have to buy a new board (ISA/PCI) too?

The CNC is Deckel Dialog 11-FP4NC

Thanks

Sorry for long post

Deckel Dialog 11 LSV2 is a special LSV2 protocol, not the same as Heidenhein LSV2. I have 3 installs of DNC Max running this protocol. It works with the standard serial ports (no special hardware required).

There are other softwares that claim to do this protocol but they lie. Try the eval from Cimco "it just works".

Allan

Thanks Allan.

There are 2 DNC modes in CNC controller. 1-DNC Local , 2-DNC External .

Which one to use?

We tried DNC MAX , disabled all ports and add a new port using "Deckel Dialog 11 LSV2 template". But could not find where to select our files and do a DNC op. BTW we used 9-25 pin connection(the cable used for simple upload/download), does DNC operation require any change in pin connection?

Regards

Typically one end of the cable remains unchanged.

The other end of this cable requires pin three & pin four to be switched with one another. I think this is also called a null modem cable.

I cannot be sure if Grundig follows this convention - ask DMG this same question - they might have a propietary issue with communications.

Regards, Jack

As far as I know the current cable used for simple upload/download has a generic pin connection. This cable came with machine , I doubt if there were any other cables other than this one.

Another thing is machine built is of around 1990 when Deckel, MAHO , Gildemeister were not merged.

[ 08-27-2002, 07:43 PM: Message edited by: kwolf ]