Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Lathe custom grooving tool

ttp8

at the bottom of the parameter page you have a row of check boxes with compensation over them select the box on the right then push the button that says tool clearance on it and change the parameters for width and height to what you need. if you are using a tool with a radius be sure to set that on the geometry page for that tool.

Thank you for your help, but i cant get it to work

I dount get any difference whatever i set the widht of the tool to ( in the tool list widht is also always 0 ( Radius is ok.))

I can only get it to reconice the widht of a tool when i use a standard grooving tool

( but the standard tool can only be defined as a external grooving tool, and i need a internal grooving tool )

Hope this make sence...

And thanks again

Is it an internal tool or a face groover? it looks like a face groover. make sure you have your tool orientation correct. you could try using a standard groover make and go into tool setup and make it horizontal. after that you're gonna want to hit the draw tool button and see if you have it oriented the way you need it. its also a good way to tell if you'll have to touch it off on the top or the bottom of the insert.

from the page G24 it looks like you need a face groover not ID groover. Yes the face groover is a ID bar, but you can set up a standard face groove tool to work. define your insert width and length, then define your holder, change "B" to be the bar diameter and "A" to be the bar length, "C" would equal the groover width and "D" would equal "A"(bar length)+"B"(from insert page). You might notice "B" dim does not want to stick, I will report that to QC.

Thank....

It was the orintation of the tool that was not correct after setting it to face it is working correctly.

I could use a standard tool, but i could not get it degfined as a internal tool, only external meaning I will have to deduct the insert width from my measured tool offset to get it to work