Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Mitsu FX10K wire taper

Oppiz

I'm trying to understand how to use the taper setting in the contour parameters. I can't ever get the post to output what I need to cut tapers. I always have to edit the NC file. The problem is with xy and uv heights (Z1,Z2,Z5). There must be a problem in my post. Some people say that the machine operator should enter these at the control but I feel a program should be complete when it enters the control. I've inquired about this before but had few responses. Seems this forum has more turning and milling users than wire EDM. Any input would be appreciated.

Oppiz,

Adding the 'Z' parameters is a simple procedure.

What I've found is most people do NOT want these settings output by the post. Yes, at first they wanted them, but after had me remove them from the post output. (This happened many times). They want to be sure that who ever sets up the machine enters these settings, since he is the one you KNOWS what they actually are for the setup he is doing. If you really want them - email me.