Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

New to 3D & Surfaces!! HELP

Rob B

I am having trouble with a tool that I'm trying to draw and program. I don't have a lot of exp. with surface geo. or surface toolpaths. I can't get the toolpath to follow the contour of the surfaces. I can't decide if I'm trying to use the wrong cutter or wrong type of toolpath. I need to rough the pocket with a 5/8 indexable EM. I might also need to use another EM(3/8 carb)to do a second rough pass. Then finish with 1/4 ball nose. Check the geo to make sure that the surfaces have been created correctly. I'm not postive that I created them right. I did the best I could. Also if you look at the part in the front veiw you will see that it is rotated 10degs. The part will be ran out of a 4th axis(tilted on 10degs). The 10deg tilt is for cutting the insert pockets. After I get the flutes(surfaces color #1) programed and cut I will begin to rotate the part to different positions in order to cut insert pockets. The insert pockets are easy. They are straight 2D programming. I am using MCv9. I am going to post the part on the ftp page under .MC9 files program name(TOOL1.MC9) confused.gif . If you can help please give it a try.