Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Nethasp??

LawyerRon

I'm assisting a friend in upgrading some workstations for Mastercam. One of the workstations we're replacing has that thingy on the back in a port, I believe they call it the nethasp(?). I just built a new P4 workstation and will need to move the nethasp to the new computer. How do I do this so everything, ie, the other workstations, work correctly?

In the Mcam folder you will find a file named nhasp.txt which explains net hasps and their use. There is also a file named nhasp.exe which installs the required drivers. If you are running Win XP, you may need to check out the Patches page of this forum for updated drivers.

I've never installed a net hasp myself, but I've heard that its not a pleasant experience. wink.gif

Edit-- You will need to visit the Patches page

There is an SP1 download just for Net hasp servrs.

[ 09-05-2002, 11:44 PM: Message edited by: gcode ]

The computer that you have the "key" attached to is defined as the nethasp server. All other computers hooked up to the nethasp server must have a pathway pointing to it so the nethasp licence mamager can communicate with it every couple of seconds to make sure that it is still hooked up. The number of computers allowed is defined in your MC update code. Read the text file and good luck. It's not too bad and it's good practice!

Hi Ron,

To continue with Herns explaination......

Once you do all the Nethasp installations you will find a file named NETHASP.INI in your MCAMx folder. You will need to edit this file to point each machine with an Mcam installation to the Nethasp. see below

--------------------snipet from nethasp.ini-------

;;EDIT_klg

NH_SERVER_ADDR = 130.33.201.xxx,130.33.203.xxx ; IP addresses of all the NetHASP

; License Managers you want to search.

; Unlimited addresses are possible.

;

; Possible address format examples:

; IP address: 192.114.176.65

; Local Hostname: ftp.aladdin.co.il

------------------------------------------------

There are many sections in the .ini file almost all can remanin "remarked" out. We use tcp/ip protocol for our purpouses(s) so that is the section that i've shown you.

This edited file MUST reside on every machine that will have an MCAM installation.

When your all done with that you must set NHASPxx.exe on each machine. Easy. see below.

nethasp.jpg

I had ALOT of trouble getting it to run under WIN 2000. NP on Win 98 'tho.

HTH

-KLG

[ 09-06-2002, 09:05 AM: Message edited by: Keith Graydon ]

Hi,

Once you edit this file you will copy (overwrite) it to every machine on the network that will use MasterCAm....... Copy it to the top folder in your Mcam install.

---------------------------------------

Find the nethasp.ini file in your MCAM installation.

Open the file in any text editor. Word, wordpad, notepad.....

got to the part of the file that lists the TCP/IP section. It looks like the text that i pasted in in my earlier post up this thread ^.

Find the TCP/IP section--

REMOVE the "semi-colon" from the begining of the line that lists the IP address of the machine with the net hasp installed. remove the DUMMY ip address in the file and type in the IP address of the HOST machine.

find the [NH_common] section

remove the semi-coln from the line NH_TCPIP.

see below... This assumes that your network is using the tcp/ip protocol. if not then edit the approprite section.

===========================pasted============

[NH_COMMON]

;

; Section-specific Keywords

;

;

; You can set either of the following three Keywords to "Enabled"!

;

;;NH_IPX = Enabled or Disabled ; Use the IPX protocol

;;NH_NETBIOS = Enabled or Disabled ; Use the NETBIOS protocol

;EDIT_klg

NH_TCPIP = Enabled ; ; Use the TCP/IP protocol

;;NH_MACHINE = IBM or NEC ; The computer on which the protected

; application is activated.

=============================pasted==============

file and save.

the semi-colon leading a line of text prevents the sofware, MasterCam in this case, from reading that particular line. It becomes a "REMARK". known as a "rem".

HTH

-KLG

[ 09-10-2002, 09:40 AM: Message edited by: Keith Graydon ]