Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

surface rough pocket on V9-SP1

KenKen

What kind of crash? For example locking up, or does it shut down and kick all the way out of MC. I am having problems also with this tool path. It is very very slow. It takes about 1 hour to work through a solid model imported from Pro E, with the ProE translator. The part is less than 2 megs in size, about 400 surfaces. Normally one this size would take a few minutes. If this is similar to the problems you are having let us know and maybe we can find a solution. I have talked to my dealer and e-mailed a sample part. This started with the last 2 parts I have brought in. Does anyone have any ideas or solutions? CPU P4 1.7 gigs 512 meg RAM 40 gig hard drive Windows 2000 Pro . Please Help!!!

The place where I work is running Pro E and the engineer done the same rough pass settings that I had on my CPU on the same part in 2 minutes or less. Thanks!

Stephen

chongsv and ssaults,

Have you downloaded the latest applications patches from Mastercam? There was a release not too long ago which addressed surface toolpaths. Another thing to look at may be the allocations from the System Config in Mcam. There are many things that could be causing the "crashes". By suppying this forum, or your reseller, with more precise information, as Millturn suggested, someone will have a better idea of what is happening. If the file is supplied, it can be determined if it is a software issue or a hardware issue. HTH biggrin.gif

Yes I have the latest patches as of 8/02.

Allocations: about 1/2 of 512 ram 150000 for tool path,75000 for data. confused.gif

Nvidea Vanta 16 mb.I am having problems with flowline also, 6 (1/32 fillet) on a 1" boss 6 drive ,12 check surface takes over 10 min. .Is this normal? Is it me, or is this slow? confused.gif

I am new at MC, maybe,_ _ it is on the other side of the screen. biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

Thanks!

Stephen

[ 09-17-2002, 03:31 PM: Message edited by: ssaults ]

As has been mentioned before on this forum, by me and others, the allocations set in Mastercam can greatly affect performance and reliability. It is not just a question of setting them high enough, but within the available RAM, it is also a question of the exact numbers used.

For your setup (512 Mb RAM, Windows 2000, Moldmaking), I would suggest Database 64000, Toolpaths 128000. If you receive reports that either or both of those settings are too low, then you need to install more RAM. If you upgrade to 1024 Mb RAM, then the best settings are Database 64000 or 128000, Toolpaths 256000.

The above suggestions assume that you are not running any other memory heavy programs at the same time.