Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Boundary Not Closed Message

Rob Holowack

Instead of creating points everywhere, you may also "analyze-chain". This will show where the chain stops/starts or breaks. Then you just need to trim or patch the entities. If you are working from an IGES file or the like, create your curves and then "squash" the entities at the desired depth for that particular toolpath.

Likely if you look closely at the endpoints of the splines, they did not connect with the adjacent line/arc entities.

If the spline actually shares endpoints with other entities, they definitely will chain.

All I can think of is the spline didn't touch the adjacent entities, but was very close. The chain tolerance wouldn't automatically join the entities (notice how splines are difficult to trim unless they actually intersect the trimming entity).

When you converted the spline to arcs, the chaining tolerance would work.

Just guessing; but the central problem is the entities were not connected, and that should always be solved using Trevors suggestion before proceeding. My 2 cents.

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

When I've had problems chaining splines and arcs/lines for toolpaths, I've found that the endpoints were not in EXACTLY the same place. They varied on averave .0001 or so. The one key way to tell if things will work as planned is if when you select your chain, pick it close to the start of an entity, if the chain arrow moves to another section in the chain, you've got a problem. Try "squashing" the spline, this has worked for me in the past, if all else fails, create points along the entity , create a bunch, create points at the end points of the entities you're tying to chain to and create a new spline.

JM2C

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

Dang Jay, you live in here or what?????? You're trying to post more than me huh? wink.gif j/k I've been busy racing BMX, spending time with the kids and teaching, oh and work too. biggrin.gif

Later,

Hi

Jay ,James and fellow race fans:::

This december 15 I am haveing my birthday party at the santa calrita BMX track. On a satureday single point race night. Jay I'll have a bike for you at the track. If anyone one else would like to attend,,,,, bikes for you as well.

The post race determans who is the poster-child

The BMX race determans who is the first looser.

"THE RACE IS ON" biggrin.gif