Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Part 0,0 question

Stephen

Hello...I had a part that I programmed and when I cut it I realized that I had 0,0 at the center of my part rather than my normal lower left hand corner. I caught it before I made scrap. When I went to translate the geometry and regenerate the tool path to the lower left I wondered if there are other ways to do it. In the help menu there appears to be many ways to offset geometry and tool paths, none of which I fully understand.

Does the job setup / stock origin have any effect on tool paths or does it just help you to setup the stock visually for verify?

In the operations manager there is Home, T/C plane, and Ref. Points? None of which I’ve used.

Then, there is the Transform tool paths page. Is there any that I’m missing? What is the best way to go?...Thanks in advance...Steve

confused.gif

Hi Stephen!

I think the best way to do what you need to do is to Xform, translate,..., between points. Click on where 0,0 IS, then type 0,0, move...yada yada yada.

You can accomplish this (like you said) in T/C plane, but I think the purpose of that one is if you're doing 4th axis work and need to "reposition" where 0,0 is for G55, G56, etc.

Hope this helps!!!!

BTW, what level do you teach? HS, College??

Mike R.

You can for example go TPLANE,TOP,ALT O and select

the lower left corner,now thats the X0Y0Z0 and

your toolpath zero`s now come off there with out

affecting any other zero you might have.You can

set up different zeros for c-planes also and even

get into named views and set different zeros for

each one of them....but for just bringing in a

model and quick setting the tool zero with out

having to translate it try that....it is quicker

than moving an entire model for example if your

dealing with a complex surface model and are low