Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Fagor 8050/55T Lathe

PJT

I think you have to use the DNC50 software from xxxxor. I have never found any way around it.

The files have a .pim extension, and the DNC50 (DNC55, etc) software shows the directory on your computer and control, and transfers the .pim files down to the control.

Regular RS-232 communications will not work. Oh yeah, I think the cable is not a regular null modem (uses No parity, 8 data 1 stop???).

Good luck talking with xxxxor. Call whoever sold you the machine. I can't send you the DNC software because it may violate their software license agreement.

[ 05-08-2002, 11:29 AM: Message edited by: Charles Davis from San Diego CADCAM ]

Charles

Thanks for your reply to my question about the xxxxor 8050 /Mastercam link up, we have the DNC software that you mentioned installed on our PC, I attemped to send a NC program generated by Mastercam to xxxxor through this but an error message called "wrong parameters" was displayed at the PC.

Have you used the remote keyboard option of the DNC software? After we tried this our machine does not respond to commands from the Lathe control panel.

Do you have any instructions for the DNC software? Our supplier told us that xxxxor did not

produce any!

Regards

PJT

[ 05-08-2002, 08:37 PM: Message edited by: PJT ]

I have a xxxxor 8055/M on my 5-axis router and got the Ethernet Interface with the 2 Gig Hard drive this method of file transfer is great.. just set up the machine as a node on the network and send receive edit program files from your computer.

Also I think that Mill files have .PIM and lathe files have .PIT.

I just found some info in the first few pages of my programing manual in regards to Network and DNC comunication if you would like I can scan it and email it to you. Email me a request

[email protected]

[ 05-15-2002, 06:33 PM: Message edited by: ERIC14779 ]