Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

when teaching how many of you

cadcam

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

I do. I spend about 4 4-hour sessions on it. By then they've had enough so that 99% of the guys that said "Yeah, I want to do posts realize it's not for them". Teaching it is actually a great tool for teaching the value of good dialed in posts and what it takes to actually produce one.

The things I go over are;

[*]The Rules

[*]The Rules

[*]Switches

[*]Terminology

[*]Literal Strings

Then I pretty much open it up for them to ask how to do certain things, then I show them, and I show them why and how I trouble shoot some issues. Usually it's things like "How do I put the M6 on a seperate line from the T" and things of that nature. I do not go over ANY rotary/5 Axis logic because 99.999-100% of them are already blown away by the simple stuff and they would not even know what they were looking at anyway so why bother.