Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Suggestions for Mastercam-X Handbooks

Charles Davis

Dear Instructors,

We have started working on Version X of the Mastercam Handbooks.

If you want anything changed, added or deleted, now is the time to speak up.

I value and welcome any suggestions you have regarding the structure, content, examples, etc used in Handbook Vol 1.

You are welcome to email me at [email protected] or call me at 858.748.9692.

I'm not an instructor but a user. I wish that in your tutorial manual for Router that you would give more information on surfacing with 5 axis. As it is now the only thing about 5 axis is swarf and a 5axis version of a 3 axis pencil operation.

Anybody that needs to do any surfacing for mold making gets no help at all from any of the tutorials or examples.

Charles

my company is a reseller for the router product.

I have been asked by customers for better information on lead in lead out, emphasis on cutter compensation. Many people using cutter comp for wear forget to turn on the switches to add the move to activate comp, and the comp will then try to turn on in G2 or G3 and as you know this generates an alarm.

We would also like to see some examples of wood cabinet parts, how to draw and machine dados and rabbits.

I teach the router class, and have made some examples, you are welcome to them if you want.

My experience has been the wood workers are very much interested in nesting with and without toolpath. Dados rough and finish cuts, and setting tools for bullnose type cutters, they get confused with what part of the cutter is the diameter.

thank you

George Gerhard

[email protected]

cell 203-521-7280

Thanks for the comments. FYI: The Vol 1 Handbook has an exhaustive explanation of cutter comp, how's, why's, recommended settings etc.

The Handbooks try to offer recommended settings (that is, not just how, but why) wherever they can.

If you send me an email: [email protected]

I'll send you folks a few pages of Vol 1 related to cutter comp so you get an idea about what I'm talking about.

[ 01-02-2004, 05:31 PM: Message edited by: Charles Davis ]

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...