Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

cross hairs blinking

chadcmccord

• 3 weeks later...

Still no good for me. Guess I'm shopping for a new card. Decreasing the acceleration only made the system perform poorly. I have 32 meg video memory on the ATI Radeon 7200 card with the latest Catalyst drivers in a 1.4ghz P4 with 512mb ram. Sounds like enough horse power ?

quote:

Sounds like enough horse power ?

Well as the rest go that is not bad,but the video is no good at all for MC.

Please look in to either a Qoudro FX 500 or highr or at least a Gforce FX say 5700 or higher.

I have used the FX 5200,5600,5700 & the 5950 with good luck.

But do suggest the higher ones.

Before you change video cards, try downloading these files and unzip them into the main Mcam9 folder. In some cases, OpenGL Problems can be solved by copying opengl32.dll and glu32.dll into your MCAM9 folder. We have seen cases where copying these files into the MCAM9 directory will solve shading, smearing and crashing problems. If you attempt this and it doesn't solve the problem or makes it worse, then simply remove the files for the MCAM9 directory, the system will default back to using the opengl32 and glu32 in the Windows diredtory.

http://www.mcamnw.com/Filetransf/Dloads/gl.zip

Good luck

Bob