Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

nag...nag....nag

Yogesh K. Raman

frown.gif Honestly, I think trainers who spend time with the trainees to go through the lessons at their pace are much more appreciated than trainers who is too busy covering the lessons on time.

I get a lot of thank yous by giving them attention. i get a lot of comments for improvements when I rush to cover all the topics. i don't earn much, satisfaction mostly comes from appriciative trainees. so most of the time i try to avoid crowded classes and extend class hours...what do u guys think?

• 2 weeks later...

Mastercam is like math. You have to know the basics before being able to learn the more advanced stuff. In our MC classes we tell trainees that if they only get through the 1st 3 chapters and understand it, that is better than going through the whole book and not understanding it. Everybodylearns differently and at their own pace. If you take the time to make sure that someone understands what they just went over then you are making a "solid" programmer. I try not to answer questions directly, but rather try to ask "leading" questions to get the trainees to find the answers themselves.

Sounds to me like your a good instuctor that is not only giving knowledge, but building confidence in your students. (Which imho is just as important.)