Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

revisiting 'Memory Table Item'

kathy

frown.gif

I've been cleaning up an importated ProE file (via iges) and heve spent most of the last hour clicking off the " Memeory Table Item not Found" error message. The file is a medium assembly with wireframe and surfaces, about 8 meg when I started. Has anyone figured out what the error message means, and what can be done to fix it???

Yes, I went back and looked at the earlier threads, but nothing earth-shattering was found.

CNC - Pleeeeeeeeeeese look at this error message and fix what ever needs to be fixed.

Kathy

V9sp1, ML3 w/ Solids

kathy,

If you had the Pro-E converter you would never see the error message again and you wouldn't have to "clean up" an IGES. It may be a little investment to license the converter but think of the time it would save you if, after you brought the Pro-E part file directly into Mcam, you could apply toolpath to it immediately instead of after hours of clean up work. Your local reseller may even convert the Pro-E part file for you as a one-time demonstration of what the converter can do. IGES format is old, outdated, and messy. Why not use the native Pro-E format and make your life easier. HTH biggrin.gif

Peter,

Kathy used a magic word "Assembly" in her post and the Pro/E converter isn't that strong in this area. I have trouble with machined features that are assembled to a casting to produce the finish part. MC doesn't recognize the assembled material removal features.

Message Edit...

As a work around, we asked our designers to make the parts unique as a .prt and we machine to this model. Assembling removal features to the model is not valid design intent. The solution as proposed by our designers was to export an IGES and then send into Mastercam, but we finially determined that the original model Must and Will be unique and correct.

Kathy,

Many sympathies...

[ 09-19-2002, 05:01 PM: Message edited by: MfgEng ]

Kathy,

Would it be possible for you to send me the IGES file and then describe (in some detail) what you're doing to make the message pop up. DangBubba00 (gotta love that) hit it on the head - there's problem in the dimensions and/or notes. The "memory table" is our internal bookkeeping of all the text strings. Something somewhere in there is getting whacked. You're definitely not the first one to complain about this, but usually all we see here are MC9 files which show us that the problem does exist - what we need is a reproducible case , the original data and a description of what you're doing - so that we can find out where the bug is hiding. I have no doubt that something is lurking out there which makes this troublesome message appear, but I think we can fix it too!

PDG

kathy,

My apologies. frown.gif I re-read your earlier post, on prompting from MfgEng, and discovered my mistake. redface.gif I suppose you could use the Pro-E converter for each individual part of the assembly, but that would require the Pro-E engineer export them individually. Sorry for the misunderstanding. I'd send it in to QC @ CNC or let PDG try to find what he can.

PDG,

We have a 1 meg limit on our email attachments, so that isn't an option (I did try). The file 'zipped' is 3.5 megs.

I called upstairs again this morning, so we should have somthing going soon.

Thanks, Kathy

Tonight, if we're still waiting, I can put the file on my zip disk, and upload it from home.