Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Editing post files

Enrolled in Mastercam Milling in Community College. Have been tasked with finding out how to correctly edit post file. Am editing generic fanuc 3-axis post. Machine controller doesn't recognize G98/99 codes, but offers codes 100-105 as customizable. Can I edit these codes under the "Canned drill cycle reference height" section by just changing the G98/99 to G100/101 or is there more to it? G49 (cancel tool length comp) is also not recognized by the controller. Do I need to construct an "if" command for that and what should that look like?

If what you want is your Mastercam post not to output G98/99 it can be done. However if you are not familiar with post modification I would not recommend that your 1st experiment is to edit stuff that has to do with your retracts. I would consult my reseller if I was you.

Customizable codes with the machine control normally includes that you link it with a macro program or something. Like if you had a tool probe installed on your machine you could assign M100 to activate it to check for broken tools.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...