Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Must be basic

Grant

Grant,

You're saying that the positioning is 10mm out from what the tool should be, in relation to the contour. As in, its 10mm away, plus the radius of the cutter? (Assuming you're in Mill of course..)

Can you explain a bit more?

Hi Mick,

In mill, I use "wear" when I want to use cutter comp, because it looks ok in backplot & posts using G41 & G42. Say I want to contour the inside of a 100mm dia circle with a 20mm end mill the values (X or Y & I & J) are out by the cutter radius ie 40 is the value instead of 50 see code:

G0 G90 G54 X40. Y0. S8450 M3

G43 H1 Z50.

Z10.

G1 Z0. F836.

G3 G41 D1 I-40. J0. F1063.

G0 Z50.

G40 M5

the I and X should be 50 - yeh?

Post problem? or operator problem

Ta,

Grant

Grant:

If you set compensation to wear you should get code that is offset by the diameter of the cutter and also a g41/42.

If you set compensation to control then you need to turn on the switch "Cutter compensation in control" in verify. In back plot the switch is "Simulate cutter compensation" under the display setting.

Your code looks right for wear compensation. However you do need to enter only wear values in the diameter/radius register on your machine.

Ok, Wear combines both "Computer" and "Control" compensation. If you set your D setting to 0 on the control the cutter should, in theory, cut to the correct size. If you use Cutter Compensation in "Control" it will give you the output you require.

I personally use compensation in Computer for low tolerance contours etc, and use Control compensation for high tolerance finish passes.

You can give me call if need be smile.gif