Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

? on stopping spindle at end of program

Chad LaMance

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

quote:

James

What kind of machines? Sounds like a Mazak; their safeties are pretty rigorous! I know that most of my machines limit RPM to something very low (like 300 RPM max) to allow edgefinding and the like.

I know that door interlocks can be a pain in the xxxx; but after you get used to having them, it is just "the way it is."

TGIF [even though I will be playing rigger tomorrow for 8 hours]

DF got it. We have 2 Mori Seiki SH-630 Horizontals, 2 SH-500 Mori Seiki Horizontals, 14 Cincinati VMC's and 1 Haas Mini Mill. The Haas can run with the door open so I can at least set it up without having to defeat anything, but the Cincis and Moris absolutely will not run the spindle with the door open. No biggie, I have a key fir each of them so I can at least set the things up. Actually the Mori will run in Single Block but it's a pain. I do know how to defeat the interlock internally in the Moris but they are there for a reason and I believe in the interlock system, yes it is a pain for setups, but the Machine Tool Builders need to protect themselves from the litigious nature of people these days so I leave things as they are and just use my keys when the need arises.

After all that has gone on in here and at work this last week, a nice tall Guiness Stout is looking pretty good tonight. cheers.gifcheers.gif

Have a great weekend friends.

Ive disabled the interlocks on my machine too...

They do protect the employees though, that dont know what they are doing.The best thing to do is to train the people not to mess with the safty equiptment.

For the machinist who has been there and done that for years...Leave the hazards up to him.I hate when inexperience operators/programmers who are scared of the machine think they are always right.

I would set-up multiple parts to increase production on a cnc milling machine.

HI ,all . smile.gifsmile.gif

I run my machines alone and nevertheless I am not going to disable the interlock in my Deckel-Maho.

It is too dangerous. frown.gif

The way the machine built and with g0 speed up to 30m/min I will once end up with a drill in a head or a brocken arm.

It was at first a pain in the xxxx to get used to it but after a bit of time you can find the way to run it fast and safe.

And talking about big amount of parts it is always a good idea to use a multipart setup of some sort ,when there are even 5 parts in it the time will be far less then to stay near the machine and run them one by one.

But if you change a way of thinking you can sometimes get to 100-300 parts in one setup or more!

That`s really great!

Something like to mill all the parts in one base and afterwards cut them with a disk mill as a last job in a setup.

It always depends of a part and the solutions not always trivial .