Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Tapered Walls

mikee

Hi All,

I need some help cutting a internal tapered wall of 2 deg. Ive tried surface paths but all have violated the end walls/features and /or the floor which is uneven. No matter what i use as check surfaces, the end features always are gouged. The part is rotated (tilted 10 deg in the top view) 10 deg to allow the 1/32 ball endmill clearance.Ive used parallel steep,and scallop. Any Ideas ?

One humble toolmaker

Mikee

Cadcam,

(This is mikee at work)

I did all you have said but to no luck. One thing I did notice. I rotated the part from the side view 10 deg. This is on a different level. from the top view the part is tilted 10 deg so the tool will fit. From that top view I tried to scalop the 2 deg tapered wall and part of the floor.

Verify shows it cut into the wall where backplot did not. Do I need to save the the tilited view as a diferent view so verify will see It correctly?? I was going to tilt the part in a vise to do this op. The first op gets it all hogged out and finished where I can. The 2nd and 3rd op would do the tapers, one on each side. Whats the best way to save a new view?

And the kicker... this is a 303 ss part about half the size of my thumb.

Iam running 8.1.1. Work has not let me get ver 9 yet.

The file is 6 meg +

Any Ideas?

I can use a taper tool but it wont get all the taper

Finecut (mikee)