Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

OPENING AN MC9 FILE WITH MC8

jenks

Today I was trying to troubleshoot a V9 lathe program. I did not write the program and this is the first V9 program I have had to fix. The control is an Okuma OSP700. We have just upgraded from 8.1.1, and I was on a 3 week vacation when it was upgraded, so I didn't know what kind of problems we have been having. To make it harder, my opposite number left on vacation before I got back, so I am a bit in the dark.

The code for the linear moves in a canned finish pass was appearing after the program end (M2). The "housekeeping" coding was where it should be.

In graphics (backplot) everything looked correct, but every time I posted the code, it was in the wrong place.

I suspected a post problem. My first thought was to try to load the program into V8 and repost. That is where I have run into trouble. I can't read an MC9 file into MC8.

Can anyone tell me how to read an MC9 into MC8.

As a sidelight, it was a post problem. I recreated the geometry in MC8 and it posted correctly. So I will just copy the V8 post into V9.

OSP700 Control smile.gif I like OSP's..I've used OSP2200L, OSP3000L, OSP5000, OSP5020, OSP500, OSP700 and OSP7000. We have an OSP7000L control on our LB25II lathe, and a U100M control on our MX55VB. You gotta love those LAP cycles, and User Task...I wouldn't be without them smile.gif

Thanks for the replies.

The update post DLL was run.

After all of my troubleshooting, it seems it was not a post problem.

The post is working excactly as it should, as I have written several programs in V9 since. It seems to be something funky with that particular geometry file. It was imported from AutoCad 14.

I worked around the problem and the parts are run, so it is on to the next surprise.