Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

step drilling

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

I do this;

Create a point at the first hole depth, do the drill op, then create a second point at the second depth and create a new drill op, telling it the top of the stock is the top of the second wall. Kind of a frealy way to deal with it but it's worked for me.

HTH

Ahhh, an old General Automation Control on a Hillyer CNC 200 Gantry Machine, I learned to program on this beast. Bill Gates was still in university when this unit was built, had its own operating system and 5-1/4 floppy format.

Watch the tubing as the seams on the inside can crunch the drill if there is not enough height on there.

Program long hand as you are indicating and then inside of mastercam, create a trajectory and off you go.

Thanks

Hey all: The way I do it like on a block where I have to bore the crank, with rapids between journals, is to draw the lines in top view, how I want the drill to work, then put the cplane at side, and use contour, chaning the drill path. You would of course have to have your broken lines in dynamic view so you can chain them. Make sure in your parameter page you have everything in increment. Does this make sense ?

Good luck,

Frank