Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Ras2vec

sir Camalot

This is more curiousity than need, but is there a way to set tolerances for ras2vec or is this more of a pixel/video card issue. I have read the other threads about drawing lines coming out too distorted or jagged and wondered if there was a better way to dial in how close the software reads the picture. Is there anything that could give better results or perhaps a work around to tighten things up? confused.gif

I have found that the black / white image is the best... However, using 72 instead of 9600 or even higher, you will get a better outline. However it is still usually poor quality... I have used this atleast 100 times and still have to clean up the geometry. If you go higher you you get a mess load of more gaps an very jagged geometry... rolleyes.gif

Hi all

I have used several Rasper to Vector softwares, I usually edit them after they are Mc files. But once I had a lot of them to do and this is what I did. I started with the picture as large as possible, R2V , convert to M C , then scaled it to size. The --- Contour / window files were still really Jagged(when zoomed)and the files were quite large, But I had room in the control and didn't have to edit. I don't care how much work the P C has to do , as long as I don't have to do it. This method works ok for a photo or a logo.