Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Create 3 D surfaces

DH

Hi all,

I am new with 3D surface, I uploaded the file on cadcam's FTP, The file's name was 4518-058 in MC9 folder. The designers gave me three views,and told me to create a 3D surface and machined it. I have a problem in creating 3D surfaces. As you look in Top view, there are yellow lines represents a rib (form up) in the middle, and as you look in top side view, there is a profile of outer shape. Can you please help me out? Thanks a lot.

You will need more information in order to create this part for surfacing.

1) more dimensions defining the shape that will be "swep"

2) looking at the "right" view of your file, all of that has critical dimensions that need to be added.

3) basically, tell whomever gave you this drawing to either dimension it properly or better yet, GIVE YOU THE 3D WIREFRAME so all you have to do is put "skins" on it.

Trevor you are able to get in to the FTP ok today.

DH I created a file but does not have the detail for Color 14 but you have some thing to show the desin guy and ask for more info.

the file is on the ftp same as yours but I added Cadcam.

[ 11-09-2002, 02:36 PM: Message edited by: cadcam ]