Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

MasterCam file converter

shirl1

I have been asked if I can convert an MC9 file back to MC6.1.3.

The file is a 3D model of a Kaiwa helicopter fuselage to be machined for a retirement gift.(A college project I believe)

I have access to MC8.1.1 & MC9.

Is it possible to do this conversion successfully or am I likely encounter errors due to parameters or operations in the MC9 file that the earlier versions won't recognise?

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

.... Or, if you want to take the long way home, from V8 Convert to an MC8, then go to V8 and Convert to an MC7, then from V7 you can save as a GE3 readable in Version 6. biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

Definitely the long way around, James, and he mentioned only having access to version 8.1.1 and version 9.

Whichever way it is done, any toolpaths are lost, so if there are toolpaths, it might be a better idea to update the version 6.1.3 user's post processor to version 9, post the toolpaths, and send them to the version 6.1.3 user.

Sending a suggestion to the version 6.1.3 user that it might be a good idea to update to version 9 might also be a good idea, there have been a lot of improvements in surface toolpaths since version 6.