Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

HELP!!!!!!

Cam Master

What version of MC do you have?

Some versions have Rast-Vect built in.

If nothing else, maybe you could email the image to someone here that could convert it for you, then send back the .dxf.

I'd offer, but I'm just figuring out the R-to-V myself. Someone here could give you a better image than I.

Good Luck.

There are also various other programs you can use to convert those files to something that Mastercam can read. Do a search on the forum here and you will find numerous threads that list some of these programs. The MC R to V converter does work pretty well, but I haven't encountered a converter yet that you wouldn't have to clean the file up in MC afterwards.

ScottyB Sorry sir but none of the past versions came with Raster to vector in them.

it has been an third party till last year when CNC bought the rights.

Now it does come with certain levels of Routor.

It does come on the V9sp1 disc and can be instaleed but you will need codes for it to run.

Cam Master I can do this once for you if you are in a bind.

But I do suggest talking with your dealer about this add-on it is a nice tool.

Cad-Cam,

Quote:"What version of MC do you have?

Some versions have Rast-Vect built in."

How was I wrong in this statement? Since Cam Master didn't state which version he had, I was only implying that if he had v8 he may have the capabilities he was looking for.

Since he is a new user he may in fact have a new version.

ScottyB.

Cadcam, I don't think it is router pro. LOL ummm, kinda new to this. The software says "cad/cam systems" is that what you mean? When I search under the help, it tells me where to find the file but when I go there it isn't where it is supposed to be. Does that mean I need to get the disk from the supplier?

[ 11-25-2002, 12:27 PM: Message edited by: Cam Master ]