Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Pocketing - material left??

kathy

Anyone want to look at my file? I've set up multiple pockets into the material. The bottom pocket is a mirror of the top pocket. The top pocket doesn't cut to the profile wall @ several places. I can maniuplate this depending on the the stepover value. The bottom pocket mills just fine! I've noticed this problem before on other parts.

BTW, I can only cut these pockets by starting off the material and feeding in on a zig-zag. (cutting core)

Thanks in Advance, Kathy

file: 7384-0210-500.mc9 Mill L3 w/ Solids, 9.1 (beta)

Jay - check you mail - I sent you a picture of the problem areas. The pocket isn't cutting out the driving profile. We could try a final pass, but I don't know how that would cut with a valve stem cutter.

Kathy

If I were crazy enought to be sailing in that kinda of wind, and If I were that crazy to leave the sail up (without a reef in the main) - I've seen sailboats 'knockdown' in much less wind. That's were the mast is almost in the water and the keel almost out!! smile.gif