Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

windows 2000

Dan Bedore

Mastercam v-8 & 9 will completely shut down like instantly without warning. some times when I xform translate, or clear color or regen tool path. I am using a dell 2.2 gig with 1.5 gigabytes of ram and the wildcat ll 5110 video card. this is such a problem i have seldom used this computer for my cad-cam instead i use an old 400mhz clone with 256 meg ram with windows nt.

I have seen this as well, but not as frequent as you are saying. It has only happened to me 3 or 4 times in the time I have been using v9. Once or twice as you said either regening a path or in the xform menu somewhere. And once or twice it has also happened to me in the WCS manager. I was creating a new wcs and then decided to abort by pressing esc while in the WCS manager and boom. Just like you said Mastercam just shuts down without error warnings (or events) or asking to save or anything like that. Just all of a sudden I'm looking at my desktop and no more MC. This was on a P3 800 w/ 512 ram and 1 9gig drive running win2k pro.

[ 12-09-2002, 01:49 PM: Message edited by: Zero ]

Have you installed the latest Service Pack for Windows 2000? Also, try running the machine in 16bit colour mode (if you're running it in 32 bit), or 32 bit (if you're running it in 16bit)

This affected another app I was running last year, and by switching colour mode, the problem went away.

i am running v8.1 and v9.0sp1 ialso found that if i xform translate while shaded i will get an error and Mastercam will then shut down. also when i right clicked on properties i can set it to run in compatibility mode for win 95 98 and nt. so i set it to nt to see if that helps. I did change my display to 32 bit also.

quote:

can set it to run in compatibility mode for win 95 98 and nt.

I wpuld not change it.

I have been running MC on a 2000 or a few years actully sense it was beta rc3 and it has been great with vary small of troubles all around.

There is some thing strang going on in your box.

Sounds like a decent box that is for sure.

Now you have the lattest drivers for the Video card correct?

I am trying to think what elese that could be causeing the trouble sense this is happening in 8 & 9.