Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

New Fonts Needed

Ron

How do you get new fonts into mastercam. I am running 8.1.1 It would seem any True Type font should work but I cannot get mastercam to recognize any. I installed the new fonts with Adobe ATM into my windows folder on C drive. Is it possible to use these fonts in mastercam?

Thanks

Ron

Upon further examination only fonts with the .TTF extension appear to load into Mastercam, these are True Type and Open Type fonts. Fonts with the .FON (Adobe?) extension dont seem to load into Mastercam.

[ 01-13-2003, 09:23 AM: Message edited by: Mark H ]

Keith, I did install them in the fonts folder on C drive but neglected to say that. I still cannot get these fonts to load. I am trying to find a attractive single line font to use for engraving. I have used the drafting font with success but would rather have something with a little more flair.

Thanks for helping!!! Keep the suggestions coming.

Ron

You aren't going to find any single line fonts in True Type format. By definition they have an outline and a fill. Great thing about Mastercam is the ability to create your own font (9.1 has upper and lower case and full ASCII capability now). It's a little time consuming, but well worth it if you do a lot of engraving and don't like the Box or Stick fonts that are included.