Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

V8 question

Jim Whipple

I have V8 level one

I'm machining a part from an IGES file....I have the top done and have all the ops from the top half grouped together. To machine the bottom half....(No WCS, V8) how do I get to the bottom of the part?? or do I flip the part? I thought you could machine the whole part from one model.

Can ya tell this is the first time I've tried this??? biggrin.gif

Any help would be appreciated

Jim

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

Use your T/C Planes. Create some geometry so you can establish a view (2 lines, 3 points or an arc.) Click the C-Plane and select Entity, then use the entities you created to get the correct orientation and click save. Then go to T Plane then next manu and make equal to C Plane.

You can now go back to C-Plane ans name that View. DO it and select the point you want to be the origin point. Then start doing your toolpath.

Than should be enough to get you started. This is how I do things when using V8.

HTH

Hi Jim,

Another way to do this would be to select Gview on the menu,number tab,enter 4(Bottom view),hit enter and you will be looking at the bottom. Assuming the Top view for top of your part.

Now select geometry for origin and set T/C Planes as James said. If you plan on same ops from top just copy them in Ops Manager and click T/C plane tab in those ops and reselect new bottom and regen the ops. If it's alot of ops you can right click in Ops Manager and mass edit all of them as another way of doing this as well. HTH cool.gif