Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

mpfan post ?'s

heeler

Could someone help me to get the post to stage tool #1. We like to stage our tools. They all stage except for tool #1 when it is used elsewhere in the program. Could you also tell me how to post a M29 on my tapping cycle, to enable my rigid tapping mode?

Thanks

Glenn

Before changing your post, make sure you save it somewhere where you can get it if you do a boo boo. I know, it's obvious, but it's bit me a couple of times.

Find ptap in your post.

here's what mine looks like:

ptap #Canned Tap Cycle

pdrlcommonb

#tool_typ = 4 - RH, 5 - LH

"M29" , *speed , e

pcan1, pbld, n, *sgdrlref, *sgdrill, pxout, pyout, pfzout, pcout,

prdrlout, *feed, strcantext, e

pcom_movea

tapflg = 1

this is from the MPMaster post

I don't understand the part about T1 not staging. Do you mean if it repeats there is no ready-tool(staged tool) in previous tool change or do you want staged it at the end of program?

[ 01-31-2003, 07:07 PM: Message edited by: Mark C ]

I have different machines in my shop. I made my post to output rigid tapping only when I want it to. Some of my machines dont have rigid tapping (ug). So through the use of misc reals and misc integers I can turn it on and off whenever I want. Even turn off the spindle in the first line of code, so that it doesnt spin up, then stop for the m29 code.

Sample with rigid tapping:

G0 G90 G54 X-1. Y-1. T10;

G43 H1 Z1.

M29 S500

G98 G84.......

This is what my ptap command looks like.

ptap #Canned Tap Cycle

pdrlcommonb

if mi4 = one, "M29", *speed, e

pcan1, pbld, *sgdrlref, *sgdrill, pxout, pyout, pfzout, pcout,

prdrlout, *feed, strcantext, e

pcom_movea

I tried it with the MPFan post and it output the staged tool for all tools. If you e-mail me your post I can try it out & see what I get. Sorry about the late posting, but it's Friday and I wanted to get out of the office. I figure you're probably gone for the weekend . Send it to me at:

[email protected]

Later

[ 01-31-2003, 07:06 PM: Message edited by: Mark C ]