Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Incomplete Circle

Davidgil

Not sure if I can explain this, but with all the problems I've been having I figured I'd give it a try. I currently use highfeed option to produce the 'look ahead' capability for our Fadal4525. The Highfeed option is set to finishing only so we basically are just slowing the machine down as it comes into the corners. The problem I'm having is with small circular cuts. Example would be to do a cicle mill tool path using a 3/32 end mill on a .187 diameter circle, and cutting .25 deep or so. Highfeed the path and everything looks good in MCAM. The NCI file looks like the path will be correct, but after posting it I end up with a path that is shaped like a small piece of pie instead of a circular path like I get before highfeed. I'm using MetaCut utilities to visually see the difference between the highfeed and non highfeed tool path.

Any ideas how I can fix this???

Thanks much,

David

I'm not at my Mcam computer so I cannot verify this thought, but I do remember an option in the post to break full circles into 4 arcs. I encountered a similar problem a few months ago after switching to the MPmaster post, and I'm pretty sure it was a switch to that effect that I changed.

HTH