Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Looking for Post Processor information

jadaro

I know that I could, and have been told to contact my vendor for posts, However, I would really like to learn more about the post processor file and how to customize it.

If anyone has any information about any:

[*]Books

[*]Tutorials

[*]or references

Please let me know where I can look if you have any of this off hand.

What is this mysterious 'Dealer' figure you people speak of?

Is it supposed to be the guy who sold / unloaded the machine on us?

If it is, then I have a problem. The machine was donated to our school.

I will try and get a hold of the PDF documentation though. That would be phenominal if I could get that.

biggrin.gif

[ 02-09-2003, 05:34 PM: Message edited by: jadaro ]

Hello..........

No the "dealer" is not the person who hands you

your cards in a game of poker!

No the "dealer" is not the guy who dumped the

machine into your school!

No the "dealer" is not the guy who sells drugs

nearby the school!

But YES the "dealer" is the guy who sells you

a legit copy of mastercam to your school!

aktion074.gif

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

You need to contact your Mastercam reseller. If it is for a school and you do not know who your reseller is then go here Mastercam Educational Reseller List - US ONLY to find your state, then contact them. If you are an industrial customer, then you'll need to go here US Reseller List and if you are in any place other than the US, then go here International Reseller List (man I hate it when people don't even put what state/county they are in mad.gifmad.gifmad.gif ) to the International Page to find your reseller.

P.S. The reason that Pricing is not/should not be quoted here is because there is different pricing in different regions of the World due to circumstances beyond Mastercam/CNC SOftware's control. (i.e. taxation rates, tariffs, etc...) so please do not be angry and think we are trying to sidedstep the issue. Just trying to be sesnsitve to the fact that there are differing levels of taxation in different parts of the globe.

HTH

eek.gifbiggrin.gif

Ok, well, there are plenty of one type of dealer BUCKET HEAD has mentioned around here. wink.gif

Someone from mastercamedu.com emailed me about the MP post processor CD. Than goodness for whoever dropped him the line, or he himself if he's the one that read it (This thread).

cheers.gif

[ 02-10-2003, 05:58 PM: Message edited by: jadaro ]

biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

Its all good, as long as the mastercam education division can send the CD to my school. smile.gif

I think I can pretty much figure out what to do with

help from the documentation.

I have a pretty good concept of programming, I just don't practice it very often. The POST files are pretty much a combination of short scripts, in some cases, and a configuration file. Lists equivalents, if-then like statements...etc.

[ 02-11-2003, 12:14 PM: Message edited by: jadaro ]