Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Hardcopy or Plot ??

tmalinski

Typically I have many details (tooling components) geometry on the screen at the same time, an exploded assembly drawing for example! I hide all details but a few that I need for reference while I work. When its time to do a hardcopy I can “Hide” everything I don’t want to print, then “fit to screen” zoom, then “Hardcopy” print to fit on letter or 11x17, but then I have to un-hide everything and then re-hide my original hidden stuff to be back where I was prior to printing…

Is there a way to simply change the scale to “fit” when plotting? This way I can just use a window selection. When I go thru the Plot menu’s “Chg Params” it brings up the “Plotting (Windows) Parameters” dialog box. I can input a scale but I don’t know what scale it should be to “fit” so I select the “setup” button and go into my printers “properties” and select the “Scale to Fit” option there. When I hit “Do it” the plot is still 1:1 scale. Am I doing something wrong? If I get this to work is there a way to save the “fit” option as default? I never need a scale plot, but I do need it to fit the paper.

Thanks, Tom…

Hi

I use V9-sp1 with solids.

I use the Solids Layout feature,it makes short work on the set up drawings for machine parts. For larger assembly drawings, you will have to do a lot of the same stuff you do now,, exept---the scale will be easier to handle.

This is how I use the layout scale.

Make Solid

When I Make the layout I fit it to the paper size of choice.So let's say for today's part I had to make it 1/2 the size of the real part so it would fit on "A" paper. Then I would chang my drafting Global scale to "2.0" ,,,and then draft.I would also suspect the blow-up details, and cross-sections will be handier.