Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Pick-off Code For Aggregates

Trevor Bailey

Is there anyone out there using aggregates that has a station mounted to their table somehow for "toolchanges". I am using 4 different ones on a crap Fadal machine and it is killing my carrige. I heard a rumor at one time that someone was using a pick-off from a station on their table.

If anyone has any ideas, please advise.

A customer with a motion master mill uses a linear array of holders bolted to the side of the table as the tool changer. The head moves to each using an offset in the control.

It seems that setting up the same type of system would be easy (the holders are available off the shelf). Moving the tool to the right location, and making the right motions, would be easy (say, by calling a sub and special offsets).

The problem would be getting the machine to grasp or release the tool at the right time. I'm not sure if there is a separate g-code on the fadal that will do that.

Without that, you would have to manually change out the aggregate tools.

Hope this helps. Nick at Artisans has the motionmaster if you need to look at it.

• 2 weeks later...