Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

0/T calibration test program

stonker

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

A company I worked for did this. We had a part that had some shapes in it. A triangle, a square, and a half sphere. We would cut this part every 6 months or so. We would CMM the parts and track the results and if necessary call in a service tech to make the necessary adjustments. It's something I wish we would do at my present company.

HTH

James,

Was this just a piece of stock in a vise? How big and how far appart were these features? I would like to design a part that I would get alot of info out of it. Could I accomplish the same thing with periodic schedualing of a ballbar test? I've been reading many of your replys on other topics and really value your opinion.

Thanks,

Rich

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

It was held in two vises, It was about 16 x 6 x 2. The features were several inches apart. Also there was a circle. The square was 4", the IC in the triangle was 3" The Sphere was a 1" Rad. with a .125 corner. We did it in Mild Steel, and we did it first thing in the morning every on a Monday every time.

Ball bar testing will only tell you how round you can make a circle - in all axes but still only a circle. Laser testing will give you linear accuracy but these do not give you results "under a load" which willl tell you REALLY how well your machine performs under a load.

HTH

[ 03-20-2003, 02:59 PM: Message edited by: James Meyette ]