Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Regen without changing the operations Speeds Feed??

Claytonic

Hi I was trying to find away to regen a tool path with out changing the spindle speed or the feed to that of the tools, I want to retain the operation speed and feed. I'm using one tool for a bunch of finishing operations and need to slow the feed and speed for one operation. I would like to change the tools size and not have to go back and change the speed and feed again.

any ideas??

Thanks.

[ 03-21-2003, 01:40 PM: Message edited by: Claytonic ]

The reason for slowing the feed and speed is to maintain a consistent width of a slot that is at 45 deg. I'm working with graphite, so S15000 f150 is the "norm" for this tool 3/32 sp3 diamond coated carbide. I would like to change the size in one spot just to keep it simple. an other reason for this is tool wear fast so I'm constantly changing tool size.

Thanks

Clay

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

Is wear compensation a possibility? That way you adjust the tool size at the control instead of having to change the diameter in the MC file and re-post?

Claytonic,

Do you have the switch in the Job Setup on for Feed Calculation from tool? If you set it to calculate the feed from material it will allow you to change tool diam. without changing teh feed and speed for the tool. Also what James suggested, using Control or Wear compensation, will allow you to change tool dia.'s at the machine rather than adjusting it in Mcam and re-posting the NC file. HTH biggrin.gif

claytonic,

for the one op. that you want a different tool size using the same cutter. when you create your tool path do not grab the same tool , but instead create new tool but give it the same tool number then do not allow the tool change (your post should be set up to disable a null tool change anyhow)there is no reason you could not have 10 different tools all with same number. but in my opinion you are flirting with disaster by "lying" about cutter size. also i cut graghite every day every week and do not have much of an issue with tool wear i use crystalumme cutters and tool life is quite substantial and predictable.

hope it helps

trevor