Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Loosing NCI files

Sandybar

Help! Has anyone lost their NCI files for no apparent reason? I will be working on a rather large file 60 - 100 MB. And presto the NCI have big red X's in the NCI geometry colum. What can I do to solve this problem, it is happend several times to me. I will have to go in and reegen the whole program again and somtimes this is very time consumming.

Version 9SP1, XP PRO, 2.4 Xeon, and 2 GB ram.

This most often occurs if you have modified or deleted geometry used in your toolpaths. The associativity of Mastercam v7 thru v9 requires extra care while working with your design to prevent unintended changes to your toolpaths.

I often will make a copy of my geometry on another level for the express purpose of toolpaths allowing me to continue to manipulate the geometry on the main level without fear of corrupted toolpath operations.

Sandybar,

If you aren't making any changes to either the geom. or the toolpath parameters, I suggest you contact your local reseller. Is this occurring with one file or with everything? Try to take notice of the exact steps you're taking when this occurs and you'll have more information to help track down the problem. HTH biggrin.gif

This happens to me all the time - I will go to regen (I select all because it is easier) and will get an nci not found error. I have to save the file and re-open it to clear out the error.

When I 'get' the file back in, the dark blue nci box (in Operations Manager) is light blue but without a red X. I don't even have to regen - I can just open the op, or back plot all and the operation will be fine.

It's like it nci file get lost temporarily.

Next time it happens, I’ll post the entire error message.

Kathy

I have experienced the exact same way Kathy has, and resolved it in the same manner...re-open the file and everything seems to be there again. It happens irregularly (maybe once a month or so, at most), with no discernable pattern of preceding events. Just assumed it's one of those MC mysteries, but am curious none the less. confused.gif

In your screen configuration, under the "NC Settings" tab, there is an option called "Restore entire NCI on file/get". Make sure this option is checked ON.

When on, the system will restore all ALL your operations NCI sections whenever you do a file/get.

When off, it will restore those sections "on demand", like when you go to backplot, etc. It will also display the NCI icon in the operation manager as light blue instead of the normal dark blue.