Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

(scared)....Post question

Grant

Hi Guys,

It's with a little trepidation I ask a post question. I am using a slightly modifyied MPFANBAX post for our horizontal Mori's and Toyoda, and to avoid waiting for tools I am pre-staging the tool call. So the post generates the tool call (for the next tool), after the tool change and then again before the tool change. (The tool gets called twice) The Fanuc controls cannot handle this, and throws me an alarm mad.gif . Is there an easy way to remove the last tool call??,

Thanks for a great forum cheers.gif

Grant

If I understandyou want to keep tool staging (ie. call the next tool after a tool change, but at the actual toolchange you just want M6 with out T2.

I dont know what your post looks like but ... If thats what you want you probably have something like this in the post:

ptlchg

if stagetool <> two, pbld, n, *t, "M6"

change to:

if stagetool <> two, pbld, n, "M6"

(ie. remove the *t,)

If its more complex than that I think the standard answer around these parts is call your VAR smile.gif

What Fanuc control are you using? It is possible to use a macro to avoid this alarm in some controls (we do it in our 18M). The macro is transparent to the operator (and programmer) except for the fact that the "T2" and "M6" need to be on separate lines. This way you can call the tool at the toolchange; if you eliminate the call at the toolchange you can get REALLY screwed up when picking up a program in the middle. If you like I can email you the information, assuming I can still find it.

C

[ 03-24-2003, 07:36 AM: Message edited by: chris m ]

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

The root problem with the machine. The Mori Seiki has a parameter, usually K7 bit 3 but may be slightly different. Open up your Electrical Circuit Diagram Book (usually manilla-ish in color) and look in the "K" Parameters. I'd suggest you take a good look in the D and K paramaters. You can turn on some terriffic functionality like multiple M Codes on the same line, 8 digit program numbers, 8 digiyt tool numbers, etc... Check it out.

For your Toyoda, there shoudl be a similar parameter that controls this.

I know this is not exactly what you were looking for but I just want to see you get the most out of your machine tools.

HTH

Thanks for the replys Guys,

CAMmando, you advice worked a treat, that line was in the post twice, so I removed the *t on both and bingo!! biggrin.gif Chris I would be interested in having a play with the macro program, I'll be in touch,

Thanks,

Grant cheers.gif

Grant

I found the info on the macro calls we are using in our machining center with the 18M control. It is fairly straightforward; both the T word and the M word call O9XXX macros so the program still reads

T2;

M6;

but the machine doesn't freak out when it sees the duplicate tool statement.

Pretty easy to try; if you're interested, why don't you email me directly and I'll send you the info?

C