Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

vbscript question - operation status

Yes, I want to run regen on dirty operations. But I don't want to regen operation that are NOT dirty. Calling regen on all operations will waste a lot of time. Especially on big surface toolpaths.

I can do this through a chook no problem but I'd rather do it through a script. I was hoping the vbscript components had progressed far enough for me to do this.

Bryan smile.gif

Behold the power of vbscripts

Just reviving this thread because I though some people might find this useful. The following is a vbscript / chook hybrid. It does what I want so I don't plan on doing much more with it. But I figured others could find it useful.

http://ivanxxxx.com/vb_alert_20040308.zip

What it does: The vbscript will regenerate operations in the Operation Manger that are dirty (red x) and selected. After they're regenerated it runs an alert.

Possible alerts: all done thru vbscript, are:

Play a wav file.

Send an email

Display a message in a pop up box

Log off, Shutdown, Reboot, or Power Off your computer

Speak a message, it uses XP's text to speech engine.

Winamp pause/unpause - requires a 3rd party dll

Or any combinations of these along with anything else vbscript can do.

Requirements: Only tested on XP. I doubt it will work on win98 and probably a 50/50 chance on win2000. Sorry. frown.gif I was recently force upgraded kicking and screeming to XP so I no longer have access to a win98 development environment.

the Chook: The chook implements a simple interface that takes an operation id and returns its selected and dirty status. See the vbscript for implementation details. The chook is not bound to this script and can be used in other scripts. Hopefully Mastercam will add this functionality to mc vbscript at some future date. biggrin.gif

Finally why? cuckoo.gif This script allows me to do other things while a particualy large surface file is regenerating. I don't have to sit around babysitting my computer for minutes or hours while it regens. I can go do other things, like take a nap. biggrin.gif

Bryan smile.gif

Bryan,

that is cool I was barely smart enough to change the script to send an email (to me) when the regen was done. now if i wasnt so cheap i could email my cell phone and go out to the truck to take a nap headscratch.gif

Thanks for sharing with all of us.

Jody

Bryan,

i did take a class last fall for VB so at least i knew what to look for to change. but i have never been good at starting from a blank screen and writing a program. so for now i just borrow for the rest of you and tweak it to fit me.

Jody