Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Pinging Mick or PDG. Vbscript , accessing chook api via ActiveX (or is it .NET now?)

Mick, Pdg or whoever,

Help. headscratch.gif

I want to write a ActiveX (or is it .NET now) that can access the chook api. That way I can write my own extensions for MC vbscript. Is this possible?

I've already played around with com/activeX/ole or whatever the heck is called this week. I can register, load and interact with my object. No problem as long as I stick with straight C++. The problem is, I see no way to access the Chook api from inside the object. I don't know if I'm too stupid to figure it out or if it's not possible. frown.gif I've got some spetacular crashes trying though. biggrin.gif

Bryan smile.gif

Mick,

Not sure. This is a whole new area to me.

I was hoping that however the mc api was exposed in chooks could/would be accessable from say a activeX dll.

It's late and I can't think straight. Maybe something will come to me tomorrow.

Bryan smile.gif ((going home and going to bed))

Bryan you have been one busy mo fo latley. I am learning alot with your questions and wish I was not in the middle of trying to get a house and other things going on to really soak in the things you keep putting up. I am copying it all to my growing book and when I get the time I got this kick but thing I want to do and when I do I would feel honored if someone like you proofs it out when I finnaly get time to do it.

quote:

Bryan you have been one busy mo fo latley.

You don't know half of it. biggrin.gif One minute I'm up to my neck in Super hot gotta be done now toolpathing. The next minute our designers have nothing so I try to catch up eek.gif on my backlog of chooks, vbscripts, and other programs for work. Lately this seems to happen about a dozen times a day. ( I'm sure this is standard operating procedure for every on the forum. Every job has to be done ten minutes ago bonk.gif )

quote:

I got this kick but thing I want to do

If you could only see the chooks I can't post to the forum. wink.gif

quote:

I would feel honored if someone like you proofs it out

I would be happy to help out where I can. I'm still a super newbie when it comes to vbscripts. Still banging banghead.gif my head to find out what it can and can't do.

Bryan smile.gif

Well I am building my book like I said not just from here but alot of things from VB. I have found 100's of web sites with free code though I dont thin kalot would work in Mastercam. I keep plugging along and I will get it one day.

+1000 on that need it last week crap know all about it. I am finding though if I don't get it done from some strange reason it is still there when I get here the next day and the world is still here also. I use to xxxx an old boss of mine off all the time. Everytime he walked out in the shop with that look I would start yelling the Man is on the Phone and the world is coming to the end. WE save lives guys dont forget that we saves lives with what we do. I could just see his blood pressure rise and sure enough it was always something that came in that morning had to be done by tommorrow and us with 6 weeks of back log.

Good luck and if an old Florida boy like me is starting to figure out this stuff I know a guy you will get it no problem. cheers.gifcheers.gif