Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Level Manger Clean Up

Running X2MR2. Is there a script, macro, c-hook, vb, which will delete records in the Level Manager which have 0 Entities?

I'm planning on having a seed model with a boat load of level names already populated. After importing files of various formats, I'd like to strip out the unused names without doing it by hand.

Regards,

Bart

Thanks for the reply Roger, but the answer is no.

I'm going to populate a level map with a bunch of names, maybe 40 levels worth (say levels 1-40). Depending on the engineering I merge in from CATIA V5, in my case, I might find I'll have entities in levels 1-10. So I need away to automate deleting the remaining levels/names (11-40), after the import/translation process. Clicking on the level and deleting the text for each unused level is tedious at best.

Hope this cleared things up a bit.

Regards,

Bart

[ 01-24-2008, 01:40 PM: Message edited by: b.bixel ]

"Hope this cleared things up a bit."

Ah, no... confused.gif

I think we are talkin' about the same thing.

You have levels that contain no no data (entities), but they do have "names".

To rid yourself of those levels, you must delete the "name" before you (or Mastercam) can remove (delete) these 'empty' levels from the list.

Correct?

Bart / Colin,

That's what I thought he said. biggrin.gif

I was concerned, as I've created this cool add-on (CHook) and then Bart appeared to tell me "no". frown.gif

Well it's your lucky day, as for the low, LOW price (free), now available on the Forum FTP site in the X2_Add_Ons folder is DeleteEmptyNamedLevels (X2-MR2).zip that does that.

It deletes all empty "named" levels with one click o' the mouse. (OK, so it really takes 2 clicks).

***IMPORTANT***

This add-on only works with X2-MR2!

If you try to run it under a prior version of X2, you won't trash anything, you'll just get (3) errors messages when Mastercam refuses to run it.

• 6 months later...