Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Chook to help the community

I would really like a chook or nethook that would reload all the MCX copies of the Machine Definition files without having to open each machine group and do the "replace" manually. This can be a real pain on files that have 5+ machine groups. I could see this being a huge help to everyone, as getting a corrupt Machine definition file can cause terrible crashing problems that are hard to diagnose.

Thanks,

Satosan to the rescue!

Thanks Takashi. I'll need to fire it up at work on Monday and test to see how if it handles reloading the machine definitions from a network file path, but it works great when running it locally.

Is this a Chook or a NetHook? Can I add a bitmap image to it so I can create a toolbar button? If I create a couple bitmap images and email them to you, would you add them? I bet this chook will be great for a lot of people.

You are the Master Takashi, if you ever come to Seattle or anywhere close, the Sake or Beer is on me.

cheers.gif

Awesome, everything works great Takashi!

I think this will be a huge help for everyone who is running X2 MR2.

For everyone who uses this utility: the icon is located in the Machine Definition Category in the Customize Dialog box. You can add the command to a toolbar, or to the right mouse click menu. You can also Keymap to this function.

Usage:

Basically you run the "Swap Machine" Chook, and press "enter" to accept the replacement of each machine in the Operations Manager. The Chook will cycle through each Machine listed and will re-load that machine definition from the library copy.

This is especially useful for Mastercam files that were created in a previous Mastercam "X" version (X, X-MR1, X-MR2, X2, X2-MR1, X2-MR2 (no SP)).

Reasons to use this utility:

If you created your file in a previous version of Mastercam, and you try to modify toolpath parameters without doing a "replace" on each machine group, Mastercam will be very crash prone.

Many people have complained about Mastercam crashing non-stop, only to learn about the "reload" button in the Machine Group Properties, which usually stops the frequent crashing problem.

I hope everyone uses this as much as I will. Thanks again Takashi, I owe you one.