Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

I just discovered this - Cool

Greg VN

Trevor,

Have you ever seen a Fox theater in San Diego? The reason I am asking is several years ago we manufactured the windows and doors for the front entry and I cut out all the pieces on the cnc.

In fact I still have the Mastercam files for that project.

There was a time when I went out to the jobs and installed stuff all over the country, but having a cnc keeps me in one place so I don't get to see the finnished products in person.

I considered artcam and even had a trial version to do a project where I needed to have keystones made with acanthas leaves on them. Actually there are pictures on our website in products/special projects of these. They are the keystones in walnut. The middle picture in the bottom has a good view.

The representative from art cam (who has been selling for a number of years in North Texas) had such a hard time trying to create just the block that they started out with that I decided not to go with it. He said I would be able to convert it into something that I could bring into Mastercam but he could not show me how. So I had the model scanned for $2000. and using the surfaces I was able to cut the parts out in Mastercam. This was before MC came out with art.

I had another project where I needed to make some corner blocks for a restored Victorian house. I talked to my Mastercam dealer and he set me up with a trial version of Mastercam art. I used it to do that project. When the trial version ran out I did not purchase it because at the time we did not think we would use it much even though it worked good at the time. I have not had very many situations come up where it would be necessary, but I wish we did get it. If for no other reason than personal stuff.

We have a craftsman that does carving for us when needed. As great as MC Art is, it can not compare to a cut in wood with a sharp chisel from a skilled hand in some areas.

The next opportunity that we can justify it I plan to do that.

smile.gif