Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

IMPORTING TRUE TYPE FONTS

Noel

Good Day

I am trying to import a specific font to use for engraving .I put the font in the windows font folder.I can use it in word but if I go creat/next menu/letters/truetype its not there.

Any ideas?

Thanks Noel

[ 04-11-2003, 12:34 PM: Message edited by: noel sevigny ]

Keith

Thanks for the reply.I did what you suggested at the start and it didn't work.I just talked to our IT guy and he says it wont work because the font I want to use(helvetica bold) is not a true type font.So I'm pretty sure I'm going to have to vectorize the font and import it as a dxf inorder to use it.

Thanks again Noel cheers.gif

Tazzer

The font has a pfm file extension.I don't know if you can convert it to true type but I will upload it to the FTP site.It is in the unspecified uploads folder and is called HLBOU_.PFM.Thanks for your help let me know what you think.

Thanks again Noel.

Hi Noel I was wondering if my any chance you have the HLBOU_.PFB file that goes with this one. The reason asking is the .PFM file is a metric conversion for windows and it won't run unless I have the .PFB file as well. Another reason why I hate Adobe.

Secondly is this the Helvetica Bold Outline Font. Because I already might have it in true type format on another computer. It is a very cool font especially for engraving. Anyway I will look on some of my disks that have fonts and see what I can come up with. If you can tell me exaclty or a photo of what the font looks like it will help. I have over 20,000 different fonts on a disk as I used to create them a while back. Any info will be great.

Hi Noel well after searching around I believe I have the correct font for you. I uploaded it on cadcams FTP in the unspecified folder. I have it named under hbold.ttf I was able to convert every letter and symbol the Type 1 font. However I had to use the PFB file I had so make sure it is the fon't you needed because I couldn't do anything with the file you uploaded.

Let me know if I can be of any other service

ftp://mastercam:[email protected]/Ma...cified_uploads/

Tazzer

The font you converted worked mint.Thanks alot.I was wondering if you know of a helvetica font that is a single line or center line font.The reason I ask is I am projecting it on to our bottom inserts for cavity ID and recycling logo Id's ie. hdpe pp etc. and center line allows me to use a larger dia at the tip of my engraving tool because it doesn't hve to fit inside of the box so to speak.Also its faster to use a contour/depth cut or contour/ramp than it is to use a pocket cycle. If not don't worry about it.

Any way thanks again.By the way you guys on the forum rule.

cheers.gif Noel

• 4 years later...