Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Anyone using MC to program Biesse?

Westgate Hardwoods

We have a Biesse A3.30 CNC, which is basically a Pod & Rail machine, but with a convertible table for nesting. We have a Biesse post for Mastercam, but we are struggling a bit to utilize it for the different origins and aggregates that we have especially with c-axis programming. Is anyone out there familiar with this machine?

• 2 weeks later...

Mastercam handles Biesse fine.

You will need to get used to many of the non-standard things Biesse does with G-Code.

My standing joke is that Biesse is Italian for boat anchor.

They also have a nasty problem of never configuring 2 machines the same way.

It typical to have to identical models have completely different settings.

This makes it veyr difficult for anyone writing a post.

I'd arrange a conference call between Biesse and your Mastercam dealer so they can get all the information they need to properly configure your post.

That said, open your Post with the Mastercam editor and read through the header.

There maybe some important notes regarding proper usage that will help you out.

The single biggest problem is getting the WCS and Tool Planes correct for the operation you're trying to do.

I use the same post on all 5 of our Rovers. 2 old 336, a little less old R30, and 2 Year old Rover C. I love the hole to table function for drilling. We bring all programs in through the old Program editor, we have to add a stock thinkness to one of the machines. We don't do much c-axis but what we do it works fine with. I hate to say it but they are a much better machine than the 2 komo flat tables I have that like to be in paperweight mode! In house created my post, and helped us work through all the fun g-code bugs! They are a pain when you start to program them in Mastercam, but once you get use to the backwards way of doing everything they are actually pretty easy!

• 2 years later...