Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Adhesive labels for nested parts

David Lowey

Hi Guys

Anyone printing out adhesive labels when you have nested your parts

Have a customer machining a lot of cabinet parts and wants to label them before removing from the router table

The standard labels from Mastercam are too large and i wanted to know if anyone had any joy with custom labels

thanks

David

• Like 1

I agree that the labels are to big and if you do use them, make sure it is the one with removable glue. We did a prefinished maple kitchen with the regular Avery 8163 2"x4" and it was a pain to remove the labels.

We are going to try the pen method as layer and having the machine label the parts. Don't know yet if it will work.

Sincerely,

Lena

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...

I have just created a template to use Avery 8066 labels, (which are 11/16" x 3-3/8") for use with the Active Reports. They are white REMOVABLE adhesive filing labels that have worked well for us. They are also narrow enough to place on the edge of 3/4" material, as well as the face.

No barcode, just part data to keep all the parts organized.

We place them on the lower left corner, which also registers the sides for edge banding. I am now working on importing the edge banding information to put on the labels as well.

We have been creating them with a program that reads the ATP cutlist, but I have just converted them to Active Reports format. email me if you would like a copy, or discuss labels in another format. I have been experimenting with getting the most out of Active Reports and am considering the best label sizes and organization to mark parts quickly before removing them from the table.

• 5 years later...