Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

9.1 update

Marty A

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

No cmr, he did not let the system do the default install. His directory structure was to blame. He created a folder called ":mcam9.1" The point between the 9 and the 1 was the problem.

In my computer I installed it into D:Mcam91 with no point between the 9 and the 1. Not the default location.

That is also the way I did it. When you place it in a different folder it doesnt write over 9.0SP1 so in effect you have both versions running. That way if you have a problem with 9.1 you arent stuck, and will have the oppertunity to research and fix 9.1 without loosing any production time. Just create a new file in the C: directory called Mcam91 and use that for your install directory.

cheers.gif

I would question whether or not you actually have two different versions running because the v9.1 install will copy v9.1 DLL's to the same system location c:winntsystem32 as the previous v9.0 sp1 version. So, in effect you have two different Mastercam executable versions available with the system DLL's that version 9.1 just installed. For exeample, when you execute v9.0sp1, it will be running with v9.1's system DLL's.

quote:

I would question whether or not you actually have two different versions running because the v9.1 install will copy v9.1 DLL's to the same system location c:winntsystem32 as the previous v9.0 sp1 version. So, in effect you have two different Mastercam executable versions available with the system DLL's that version 9.1 just installed. For exeample, when you execute v9.0sp1, it will be running with v9.1's system DLL's.

Welcome to the forum.

You have a point. (If you wear a hat nobody should notice it, though. j/k) biggrin.gif So in order for this to work, would you be able to log on as a different user, or install as a different user?

'Rekd teh missing the obvious.

what i did was uninstall 9.0. i still had it on but didn't use it, and i had 8.1.1 which i used. so i didn,t have 9.0 when i installed 9.1. i still use 8.1.1 because i'm still having trouble updating my tool library. i just can't get it to work.

biggrin.gif thinking spring here biggrin.gif

motty