Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Old B'Port Canned cycles

MultiAxGod

Have to post for the answer because of work load and hope one of you can help easily. I searched, but can't find an answer that fits.

Using MpmasterX4 for all of our machines. Works great with all the new features and I have adapted it for each of our machines. Problem is an old Bridgeport we have. It's on it's last legs but we still use it daily until it dies.

So now I need to make the canned cycles correct for the B'port. Those unfamiliar with it, the drill cycles start from where the drill tip is and need a positive value in Z. i.e; if I need to drill a hole .5" deep into a part and start at .1" over the part. Z value needs to be Z.6

For peck drilling it needs this method, plus the next Z (I am thinking of replacing the R value and forcing the add of .1"?) is the first peck distance in positive value. i.e; if I want the first peck to be .1" into the material, this would be Z.2

Next Z is the peck values (I know, just replace the Q here with Z)

Line example G83 Z.6 Z.2 Z.1 F10.

So my question is, what is the easiest way to accomplish this? I hate to add .1" to the values in the post, in case someone programs from a different clearance level. I can switch the Z to positive easy enough by multiplying it by -1, but want to see if there is an easy way to accomplish this that I am overlooking. I don't want to use an old Boss post and upgrade because everything is formatted in this for our shop.

And of course won't be putting a positive depth in drilling because it won't simulate correctly! Can't believe somebody actually put that as an answer on one of the similar posts!

Suggestions?