Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

transfering tool data

il500

I am into prototype molding. I need to make subtle changes to new revisions. I want to import most, if not all tool paths from one rev to another and use a different solid model just so show the part. job set-up imports tools, nci import can not be manipulated, i want to import toolpath parameters and geometry for each and be able to modify everything. can i ?

Guest CNC Apps Guy 1

Hello,

I've done this 2 ways.

1) From Job Setup, click on the "Import" button. Go to the file containing the desired toolpaths, tools, etc... then select what you need out of it.

2a.) From the completed part, Operations Manager, Select All, Right click in the blank space, select Save to Library. Select what you would liwek to save to the library and give it a file name then save it.

2b.) From the part needing toolpaths, go to the operations manager, right click and Import Library. Select your library and OK. Now all you need to do is apply geometry to the operations, regen, and you're good to go.

HTH

I'll have to try 1)..I've never used it. But I can vouch for 2). I use it all the time. I've saved several operation "libraries" for different types of toolpaths that I do regularly, and just as James stated, I import the required operation(s) and then add the geometry, and regen. Very productive smile.gif