Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Is anyone using ATI Cards?

Mike Mattera - TFM

ATI Card Update: I give up. There were some weird problems with the ATI when I did Verify. All these big crazy triangles would flash across the screen. Bought myself a nice Workstation FX5800 and all is good now.

The down side: The NVidia is just a little louder. Not much, but a little. It's a LOT hotter. I can tell that my office gets a lot warmer now.

So there's the update. NVidia wins again.

Mike

My Dell M6500 came with a ATI FirePro M7820. I have never had an issue running Mastercam with this card. It even runs (gasp) V9. Granted, I rarely have to use V9 these days, and I have to run 'Windows XP Mode', but at least it works.

Good to hear that you got a card that you like though. I would have preferred an Nvidia card in my laptop, but it would have made it a month-long wait.

@Jay "..but you need the Fire GL and Fire pro series not the standard ATI" --- I'm not sure what you mean. It was a FirePro V7800.

But at this point... Anyone want to buy a nice workstation class video card :-)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/160672991098?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1558.l2649

I really liked that it's smaller, quieter and runs cooler that other cards with the same performance. Running cooler is an important issue for me, since it gets up to 105° outside, for months at a time.

Mike